Saturday, March 7, 2009

It finally feels like spring!



Today was the first warm day of the year. It was so great to be able to put on my flip flops and head out. We went to breakfast at First Watch. I got the Key West crepe and Nick attacked a tall stack of chocolate chip pancakes. The pancakes won! But they were VERY yummy. We had to go to the Men's Warehouse to order the tuxes for the groomsmen. The boys are going to be stylin' by the way! I can't wait to see them in the tuxes we picked out!!!

Then it was off to Ault Park with Princess. We met one of my bridesmaids there, Tracy, who brought her dog, Hartman. We had such a great time walking around. We had a picnic of chicken salad, cheese and crackers, grapes and chocolate chip cookies. Then we put the pups in the portable doggie playpen and we played Frisbee. The high winds made throwing and catching very interesting, but we didn't care. It was just such a great feeling to be outside and enjoying the sunshine.

On a wedding related note, we are finally ready to order our invitations. I have spent the better part of January and all of February looking at invitations. I have been to every website, bridal show and store trying to find the perfect invitation. It's funny how everything always comes full circle for me. I liked a few invitations on a website, but wanted to still keep looking for the perfect one. Two months later, I have decided to order from that first website! This just reaffirms to me that I don't make snap decisions, I just make up my mind about what I want quicker than most people. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait t see the finished product! We love your dedication and analytical (sp??) traits! This is going to be one lovely and super fun wedding!

Unknown said...

Sooo glad it's warming up. We're always up for a trip to the park if you want to meet some afternoon/early evening. Josie *loves* dogs (and of course her Kelly).